- Keep the topic alive. Continue talking about it, posting about it, and unashamedly calling out all and any racism without hesitation.
- Regarding trends: do keep the hashtags living. However, do not share posts on any platform that are not informative or useful. This includes “blackout” or “muted” posts: the point of this is to silence non-BLM content from being overshadowing what is happening. If you choose to post these, refrain from using BLM hashtags, as it only floods them and hides what needs to be seen. Tags such as #amplifymelanatedvoices help show your support without blocking important information outlets.
- Be informed. Never stop learning. Never stop paying attention.
- Do not share images or names of protesters. This is a safety precaution, not an Insta post trend. They will be found and charged.
- Practice self care, and assist others in theirs. Racism is trauma. Notice black friends and strangers alike, and show them indiscriminate kindness. Black mental health matters.
- Be loud. We will not be silenced. Tell everyone. Share every useful resource you find. Sign petitions, donate, and protest. We will be heard.
- Justice for George Floyd
- Justice for Belly Mujinga
- Stand with Breonna Taylor
- Demand police accountability (LDF)
- We Are Done Dying
- Demand racial data on Coronavirus
- Demand more government assistance re: Coronavirus
- A split donation between 39 community bail funds
- Minnesota Freedom Fund
- The Bail Project
- George Floyd Memorial Project
- Reclaim the Block
- Black Vision
Donate (Australia based charities):
- Bridging the Gap
- North Australian Aboriginal Justice Agency
- National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Women’s Alliance
- Support the Day family
- Justice for Yuendumu
- Justice for David Dungay Junior
Protests in Australia:
- Sydney – BLM & George Floyd Peaceful Protest, Wednesday June 3 at 5 pm at Hyde Park on Elizabeth Street.
- Sydney – Stop All Black Deaths In Custody: Vigil for George Floyd, Saturday, June 6, 3pm until 5pm., 20 Lee St, Chippendale
- Melbourne – Stop Black Deaths In Custody – Justice For George Floyd #BLM hosted by Warriors of the Aboriginal Resistance, Saturday June 6, 2pm to 5pm, Parliament House, Melbourne
- Canberra – Black Lives Matter Peaceful Protest. Justice for George Floyd!, Saturday June 6, 3pm, U.S. Embassy, Yarralumla
- Brisbane – Black Lives Matter Protest organised by the Warriors of the Aboriginal Resistance, Saturday June 6, 12pm, Queen Street Mall
- Perth – Perth Peaceful BLM Protest, Saturday June 13, 12pm, Hyde Park, Vincent St and William St
- Adelaide – Adelaide: Solidarity With Minneapolis! Justice For George Floyd, Saturday June 6, 12pm to 1:30pm, Northern end of Tarndanyangga, Victoria Square
- BlackLivesMatter.carrd.co: A more extensive and frequently updated list of petitions, educational resources, and more.
- Information on protesting safel
- Know your rights as a protester
- Spot undercover cops
- Protest first aid tips
You have a voice. Use it.